Whether you’re navigating a website or an advanced space flight system, existing UI offers a sleuth of all possible options and requires commanding users to manually engage with all tiers to determine and execute singular goals; one-by-one, down the rabbit hole until you find what you’re looking for.
Fluid UI uses AI to determine intent; which translates to a more dynamic designation of interaction points in order to reduce user interface friction. Removing the noise and the toil from the interface enables non-direct instructional orders to be queued by the AI and executed by the commanding user.
Example: Oral user command: “Primary Objective: Return ship home safely.”
Result: a Fluid UI engages a mapping function to chart a course for ‘home’, cross-referencing accessible Auxillary Data points with Main Core Index to determine safe passage by asserting Waypoint Directives. Returning to user with a Boolean possibility status and percentage based likelihood with favouring routes; Awaiting command to either execute or redefine primary (or subsequent) objectives.
Let’s take a closer look at the example command word-by-word and how the AI would arrive at this conclusive report:
- Primary Objective [intent: override existing primary objective with following command]
- Return [intent: a journey – consult Main Core Index for access to primary navigation function(requires Subject and Destination parameters]
- ship [intent: define Subject – consult Main Core Index to retrieve contextual definition of subject and its assumed parameters of scope (crew, decks, cargo, engines etc)
- home [intent: define Destination – consult Main Core Index to retrieve contextual definition of destination and its assumed parameters of scope (Earth, Ireland, Dublin Space Port)
- safely [intent: define Waypoint Directive – consult Auxillary Data Points to retrieve known dangers en-route to destination and input as parameters to primary navigation function]
Glossary of terms
Primary Objective: The ultimate purpose of all existing functions. Can be overridden by commanding user. Any Secondary Directives must not jeapordise successful outcome of Primary Objective.
Waypoint Directives: Manditory sub-directives that must be completed to define Primary Objective outcome as successful.
Secondary Directives: Auxillary (optional) sub-directives that compliment the success status of the current Primary Objective.
Main Core Index: A knowledge base of all functions, historical directives and their outcomes.
Auxillary Data Points: Any available access points for external data source to feed Main Core Index.
AI Data Core: A knowledge base of all artificially authored functions generated to compliment Main Core Index in pursuit of a successful Primary Objective outcome. Can be disconnected by authorised users at any point.